Gluten, lactose, milk, nut, peanut, sesame & wheat free
- enough Freefrom pastry to line a 20cm tart tin
- 255g tub of soft cheese alternative
- 200ml Oatly oat fraiche (or more soft cheese alternative if you can't find it)
- Zest of 1 lemon
- small bunch of chives, snipped quite small
- 3-4 tomatoes, sliced
- large handful of basil
- 1 clove garlic
- 3-4 tbsp olive oil
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 200°C / Gas 6.
- Roll out the pastry to about ½cm thick andline a greased loose bottomed 20cm flan tin.
- Cover with baking paper and fill with baking beans.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes until the pastry is firm and then remove the paper and beans.
- Return the pastry to the oven and bake for a further 5-10 minutes until the pastry is lightly browned.
- Set the pastry case aside to cool.
- Mix the soft cheese with the oat fraiche.
- Stir in the lemon zest and chives and season with salt and pepper.
- Spoon into the cooled pastry and spread evenly.
- Lay the tomato slices gently on top of the filling.
- Whizz the basil and garlic together with enough oil to make a drizzling consistency.
- Add salt and pepper to taste and drizzle over the tomatoes.
- Carefully remove the tart from the tin and serve.
Thanks go to Foods Matter for letting us reproduce this recipe.