Corn, dairy, egg, gluten, lactose, nightshade, nut and wheat free; can be soya free
2 tbsp olive oil
2 shallots, peeled and finely sliced
200g/ 7oz Arborio risotto rice
1/4-1/2 a small butternut squash, peeled, seeded and cut into small chunks
700ml/3 cups gluten and wheat free stock, either chicken or vegetable
sea salt and freshly ground black pepper (instead of salt I used Seagreens new Mineral salt which worked really well
3 tbsp thin cream, goat, soya or oat, depending on what you can tolerate
juice 1 lemon
large handful of fresh coriander, chopped fairly roughly
- Heat the oil in a wide pan and add the shallots with a pinch of salt to stop them burning.
- Cook very gently for at least 5 minutes or until they are turning transparent
- Add the rice, stir around for several minutes until it too is turning slightly translucent, then add the squash and the stock. Stir well and season lightly
- Bring to the boil and simmer, uncovered for 10–15 minutes or until the liquid is absorbed and the rice cooked.
- Add the cream, and lemon juice and adjust the seasoning to taste
- Just before serving, stir in the coriander. Serve warm.
8g Fat (1g Sat fat, 4.5g mono, 1.8g poly)
48g Carbohydrate of which 5g Sugar
2g Fibre, 372mg Sodium, 0.9g salt
Thanks go to Foods Matter for letting us reproduce this recipe.