Corn, egg, gluten, milk, nightshade, nut, peanut, sesame, soya & wheat free
- 4 handfuls fresh spinach leaves – preferably mature leaves rather than the ‘baby’ leaves which have very little flavour
- half a bulb of fresh fennel, sliced thinly
- 1 young leek, sliced thinly
- large handful alfalfa or other favourite sprouted seeds
- 1 ripe avocado
- 1 ‘bulb’ of buffalo mozzarella
- 1 heaped tbsp pine nuts
- several sprigs of fresh basil
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- juice 1–2 lemons
- 4 tbsp virgin olive oil
- Tear up the spinach leave in the bottom of a wide dish.
- Sprinkle over the sliced fennel and leek and the seeds.
- Peel the avocado and slice lengthways – arrange over the leaves.
- Slice the mozzarella if you are using it and lay out in the middle of the dish.
- Sprinkle over the pine nuts then decorate with the basil leaves, both chopped and whole.
- Grate over some sea salt and lots of black pepper, then pour over the lemon juice and the oil.
- Serve at once.
Serves 4 – per portion
Calories 311 Kcals
29g Fat (9g Sat fat, 15g mono, 4g poly)
2.5g Carbohydrate of which 2g Sugar
3g Fibre, 200g Sodium, 0.5g salt
Good Source: Vitamin B12, B6, calcium
Thanks go to Foods Matter for letting us reproduce this recipe.